The Little Angel Fund, Inc. is a non-profit, tax exempt
organization, established in March of 1984 by Jenny and
Joseph Tranfaglia in memory of their daughter, Amanda Rose.
Amanda was born 16 weeks premature and after a 33 day
struggle for life, she died. Our efforts to offer
information, increase awareness, educate, comfort, and
listen, have not been in vain. For if we help only one
family, then our mission has been accomplished.
The Little Angel Fund consists of a group of parents helping
parents through a difficult time in their lives. Our purpose
is to make life a little easier and more comfortable for the
premature and seriously ill infants and their families,
while they are in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, after they
graduate from the NICU and to act as a source of help and
support for the bereaved. We are dedicated to supporting,
educating and caring throughout the NICU experience.
- Maintain an up-to-date file containing printed
material on various subjects dealing with
prematurity, subsequent high risk pregnancy,
grief and bereavement.
- Provide a support network of volunteers to
operate a telephone referral/information
- Offer matched Parent to Parent Listeners for
parents who wish to talk to someone with similar
- Publish a Newsletter annually to serve as a
vehicle for parents and families to share their
feelings and experiences.
- Organize and sponsor fund raisers to raise money
for local area Neonatal Intensive Care Units,
especially at the Stony Brook Children's Hospital in Stony Brook, NY.
- Participate and sponsor conferences, workshops
and lectures in order to obtain information.
- A Welcome Gift Packet is given to every baby
admitted into the NICU at Stony Brook Children's Hospital.
- A Discharge Gift Diploma is presented to every
baby discharged from the NICU at Stony Brook Children's Hospital.
- On discharge, at the discretion of the unit
social worker, families in need will be given layette sets.
- A bereavement box is offered to families who
experience a loss in the NICU.
You can volunteer for one of our committees -- please contact us
for details and more information!
- NICU Monthly Volunteer Visits
- Hat Brigade
- Blanket Brigade
- Newsletter Committee
- Fund Raising Committee
- Discharge Diploma Committee